17th – 20th SEPTEMBER Delaware, Ohio
RELATIONSHIP UNDER CONSTRUCTION – TEACHING TEENS TO MISS THE MESS
By Catherine Wood.
21ST – 23RD FREE TIME
24TH SEPTEMBER Washington DC
Principles of Video Storytelling Learn how to structure a short video project. You’ll learn:
- how to make a plan for video;
- how to recognize and use different types of shots; and
- how to find helpful online resources for your use.
Learn how to use Adobe Premiere to edit short movies. You’ll learn:
- how to combine clips from several video sources;
- how to work with text, photos, and background music; and
- how to use keyframing and apply basic effects.
- how to apply basic shape animations; and
- how to apply basic text animations.
- Learn to professionally and effectively prepare and deliver a speech
- Overcome common fears about speaking in public
- Understand strategies for effective communication with audience members
- Learn the importance of non-verbal like appropriate dress, gestures, and appearance
Hannah-Catherine Smith, Leadership Institute
Lecture – Introduction to Public Speaking
Dr. John Shosky, Roncalli Communications
In this engaging introduction to public speaking, you’ll learn:
- goals of a speech;
- audience analysis;
- message construction;
- storyboarding; and
- effective delivery
Practice – Application and Feedback
Final Thoughts and Q&A